Practicing Krishna consciousness is dynamic, real, and practical, not just something to think about. It means to focus the mind and senses by actively serving the Supreme Person. Anything done in Krishna’s service is beneficial, but the most recommended practices of Krishna consciousness are:
- Hearing about Krishna from books like Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita, with guidance from more advanced practitioners.
- Chanting Krishna’s names and speaking about Krishna.
- Associating with devotees of Krishna.
- Living in a holy place (or making your own place holy)
- Worshiping God in His transcendental form
The top two—hearing and chanting—are most important.
(The painting shows a devotee offering flowers to Krishna’s Deity form.)